The 3 “R”s of Travel Vaccines & Immunizations:
Routine or Standard:
- Childhood immunizations
- Age-appropriate vaccine boosters regardless of travel, such as Tetnus, Diptheria, and Pertussis, along with others.
- Meningitis Vaccine for college students
- Our Communities need for specialty vaccines such as Influenza and Shingles.
Required for Travel:
- Yellow Fever Vaccine : Required and highly recommended in certain countries.
- Meningococcal Vaccine (Meningitis): Required for Saudi Arabia during Hajj and highly recommended for certain countries.
Recommended for Travel Based on:
- Geographic itinerary and risk of exposure.
- Activities planned during travel
- Individual traveler’s underlying health.
Available Vaccinations at International Travel Care
International Travel Care has the following vaccines available for our client’s immunization needs:
- Hepatitis A (Hep A) vaccine
- Hepatitis B (Hep B) vaccine
- Twinrix (combination of Hep A and Hep B vaccination) vaccine
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis/Whooping Cough) vaccine
- Typhoid Fever (oral and injectable) vaccine
- Yellow Fever vaccine
- Human Papillomavirus vaccine (HPV)
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) vaccine
- Meningococcal (Meningitis) vaccine
- Japanese Encephalitis (JE) vaccine
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) vaccine
- Shingles vaccine (Zostavax)
- Rabies vaccine
- Pneumococcal (Pneumonia) vaccine
- Influenza (Flu) vaccine
Each client will receive an International Certificate of Vaccination (ICV). This card, often known as a ”Yellow Card”, is an officially signed certificate stating a traveler’s specific vaccinations and dates of vaccination. Certain countries in Africa and South America require a yellow fever vaccination and certificate for entry into the country. Also, Meningococcal is required for Saudi Arabia during Hajj and also highly recommended for certain countries. Our RN’s will also review to see if your tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis along with measles, mumps, and rubella, and influenza shots are current for a safe journey. All vaccinations completed at International Travel Care will be recorded on the ICV at the completion of the appointment. It is important for travelers to bring their ICV/Yellow Card with them during their international travels so that travelers are not detained or quarantined in countries whom require proof of certain immunizations.
Schedule a Convenient, Low Cost Vaccine Appointment
Contact us either by our online appointment scheduling form or call 952-405-8812 to set up an appointment today. Appointments are available early or late in the day, as well as same day appointments at our convenient Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul), Minnesota location.